Imagine the scent of a smooth orange cake, with its texture, both incredibly compact and flexible, sweet, and extremely flavorful. This orange cake will make sensation among the most greedy gourmets around your home. A pure delicacy!
Ingredients list for orange cake
For 4 mini angel-food cake pans 4 1/2-inch (I used these):
- 4 1/4 ounces (120g) butter + a knob for greasing the molds
- 4 1/4 ounces (120g) caster sugar + 2 tbsp (15g) for molds
- 4 1/2 ounces (130g) flour
- 1/4 (7g) of baking powder (1/2 bag)
- 2 eggs
- 1 organic orange
Creamy Four Cheese Spinach Butternut Squash
For the syrup:
- 3 oranges
- 2 ounces (60g) of icing sugar
- 3 1/3 tbsp (5cl) Grand Marnier ®
Preheat your oven to 360°f (180°c).
The orange cake
1. Zest and press the orange.
2. Melt the butter in the microwave.
3. Pour the butter into a bowl.
4. Add the juice and the orange zest, sugar, flour (sifted) and baking powder.
5. Mix well then add eggs.
6. Grease the molds and add the sugar.
7. Fill the mold 3/4 full with the orange batter.
8. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the orange syrup.
The orange syrup
1. Press the 3 oranges.
2. Mix the juice in a saucepan with the sugar and Grand Marnier liquor.
3. Boil for 2 minutes.
4. Let the syrup cool.
Putting it all together
1. Unmold the orange cakes on a grid.
2. Place the orange fondant cakes in a large bowl or dish and drizzle with syrup.
3. Let them soak for 2 hours, turning after 1 hour.
4. Serve cool or at room temperature.
5. These fondant orange cakes can be enjoyed along with a whipped cream or a custard.
Inspiration Orange Cake recipe by sweetsalty