With the holiday season around, what would be more perfect than a house filled of the smell of chocolate cake baking to entertain family and kids? If you love chocolate, this simple one bowl cake is going to stay a favorite for a long time. With a rich, deep chocolatey flavor, it comes moist and fluffy without any added butter. I bet Hungry family members will make tentatives to foray into the kitchen and grab a slice before it’s time!
Ingredients list for the chocolate cake recipe
- 4 eggs
- 4 1/2 oz (125g) good chocolate
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup (10cl) cream (soy cream for me, even lighter!)
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2/3 cup (50g) ground almonds
- 2/3 cup (125g) caster sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C). Clarify the eggs (separate the whites from the yolks).
2. Melt chocolate and combine with milk and cream, using your microwave at low power or a double boiler.
3. Add the egg yolks, one by one, then add flour and ground almonds, mix well.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff, gradually add the sugar. Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture with a spatula.
5. Pour the batter into a silicone mold or a buttered and floured cake pan and bake for 30 minutes. Let the cake cool on a rack , then un-mold it.
Keep in the fridge and serve at room temperature.
Tips: I recommend you use a silicone mold for easy removal. For the size, I went for 7 inches diameter (20cm), but you can go up to 8 inches, not more, unless you want a flat cake!