Cupcakes have been a bit of an obsession of ours lately, and when the Holiday season shows up we keep these family favorite around to make everyone happy. Delicate and with a nutty personality, these little maple pecan cupcakes are dangerously amazing. Keep things simple and let the ingredients speak for themselves: Almond paste give the cupcakes extra moistness, while the toasty crunch of pecans and the sweetness of a drizzle of maple syrup closes the deal. Just sit back, listen to holiday music, and enjoy a cupcake!
Ingredients list for pecans cupcakes
Makes 20 cupcakes:
- 2 cups (200g) flour
- 1 tbsp (1 packet) of baking powder
- 1/4 cup (50g) cane sugar (or white sugar)
- 1 cup (250ml) of almond milk (or regular milk)
- 1 3/4 oz (50g) almond paste (or butter)
- 2 oz (60g) pecans
- Maple syrup
1. Preheated your oven to 360°F (180°C).
2. Gently heat the almond milk and almond paste in a saucepan. Add 1 1/2 tbsp (30g) of maple syrup.
3. Sift flour, sugar and baking powder in your favorite bowl.
4. Pour the almond mixture over the flour mix. Then mix well by hand of with a mixer. Don’t over-beat the batter.
5. Add pecans, coarsely chopped. Keep few whole pecans for the topping.
6. Divide the batter into muffin cups. Top with pecans and bake for about 12 minutes.
7. At the exit of the oven, pick cupcakes with a needle to check doneness. The needle should come out clean. Then pour maple syrup over each cupcake with a teaspoon.
8. Wait until it cools down, remove from the muffin cups. Enjoy with a coffee or a light-bodied vanilla tea for example.