Looking for the perfect low-carb dish? This versatile cauliflower fried rice perfectly mimics a classic fried rice but each spoonful is packed with fresh vegetables. It’s so rich and delicious, you won’t believe it’s grain-free!
Ingredients list for the low-carb cheese cauliflower fried rice
- 1/2 head raw cauliflower
- 8 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup (80g) diced red pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bouillon cube, crumbled
- 1/4 cup (50ml) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup (30g) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
1. Put cauliflower in the food processor using the shred mode. Put in a microwaveable dish with a couple tablespoons water, cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes, until the cauliflower rice is tender and done to your liking
2. Meanwhile, slice the scallion and dice the pepper. Then, in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, start sautéing the scallions and pepper in butter and oil.
3. Remove cauliflower from the microwave and drain. Add cauliflower to the skillet and stir fry for a few minutes. Then pour in the bouillon, white wine, parmesan cheese and heavy cream. Cook for another 3 or 4 minutes and serve.