Lemon Garlic Butter Salmon Skewers are easy, healthy, and so fun to make. Cubed salmon is marinated with a tangy sweet honey lemon garlic butter sauce and threaded onto skewers before jumping right on the grill. It just feels like the most quintessential summer dish!
Ingredients list for the Lemon Garlic Butter Salmon Skewers
- 1 lb (450g) salmon fillet (try to find a fillet with an even thickness)
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of ½ a lemon)
- Chopped fresh parsley + for topping
- Salt and pepper
1. Grease and preheat your grill or griddle if you’re cooking on the stove. Remove the skin from the salmon fillet with a sharp knife and cut salmon into 1-inch pieces.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Remove from heat, add honey, garlic and lemon. Whisk until the honey has melted through the butter and the mixture is well combined. Add one tablespoon chopped parsley, mix well and set aside.
3. Marinate salmon cubes in the lemon garlic butter sauce for 10 to 20 minutes. Drain and thread salmon cubes onto soaked wooden skewers (or metal skewers); keep some space between each piece of salmon.
4. Grill salmon for 5-10 minutes, turning on each side to ensure even cooking. In the meantime, you can boil the lemon garlic butter sauce to reduce it a bit and brush the salmon while cooking. Remove from heat and drizzle remaining lemon garlic butter sauce over salmon skewers, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!