Great with any meal but an essential side for St. Patrick’s Day, this easy soda bread is fancified with honey and sesame. Slot this quick bread recipe into your repertoire and your whole family will enjoy.
Ingredients list for the honey and sesame soda bread
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk, slightly warmed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1. Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sesame seeds, baking soda and salt. Combine honey and warm buttermilk, then gradually stir in until the dough comes together in a slightly sticky ball.
3. Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead gently a few times, don’t overwork the dough. Form into a loaf and then transfer into the prepared pan.
4. make some cuts into the dough with a sharp knife or razor blade, about 1/4-inch deep. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if you want. Cover the pan with a sheet of parchment paper, or fold the sides of the pan lining if it’s large enough.
5. Bake for 30 minutes, covered with parchment paper, then remove the top sheet and bake uncovered for about 10 minutes more, until the crust gets a dark golden brown color. Allow to cool down on a rack before serving. Enjoy!