For someone who loves her breakfast… I can never get enough of granola. I think that nothing beats making your own cereals by yourself! If you struggle to wake up in the morning, this recipe is for you because this crispy granola is just the perfect breakfast to start a good day! You can also take the basics and make this recipe your own, in case of a lazy weekend morning ahead. You’ll just have to find a sunny spot to enjoy this homemade treat!
For about 10 ounces (300g) of granola:
- 7 ounces (200g) oatmeal
- 4 ounces (110g) and 1 tbsp honey, keep them separate
- 2 tablespoons of a neutral oil of your choice (sunflower, grape seed… )
- 1 tablespoons of caramel
- 1 ounce (30g) hazelnuts
- 2 csp chopped praline
1. Preheat oven to 360°F (180°C).
2. Heat oil and honey in a saucepan over low heat.
3. Coarsely chop the hazelnuts. Mix oats and nuts together in a large bowl.
4. Once the honey and oil are liquid, pour hazelnuts and oatmeal over the mixture, mix with a wooden spoon. Add the remaining honey and caramel.
5. Pour the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let it spread (or better: a silicon baking sheet).
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 min, flip the granola every 15 min.
7. Let cool and pour the granola in a pot then add the praline. Once the granola is completely cooled, stir well so the praline is evenly incorporated.
Enjoy your homemade granola with milk, soy milk, yogurt or whatever you like for your breakfast!