Here’s a great recipe for brioche, the result is truly delicious: a soft bun with a buttery taste… Almost perfect for your breakfasts or tea afternoon!
Brioche is the richest of all breads: usually made from the same ingredients but we add a form of fat, sugar and eggs to create this rich and soft texture.
Ingredients list Bread Bun Recipe
- 1/2 lb (250g) flour
- 1 ounce (30g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon (2g) active dry yeast (or 1/3 ounce – 10g fresh yeast)
- 3 eggs + 1 yolk for gilding
- 6 ounces (165g) softened butter
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water, let stand for about ten minutes.
2. Put the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the flour, put the diluted yeast with water (yeast must not touch the sugar and salt for a start) and the eggs then mix together.
3. Then add the soft butter into small pieces. Knead the dough for about ten minutes, it should no longer stick to your fingers at the end of kneading.
4. Let the dough rise for about two hours at room temperature. Divide the dough into four and form four small balls of dough. Arrange them in a cake pan and again let the dough rise for two hours. Gently brush the brioche with a brush with egg yolk.
5. Preheat your oven to 360°f (180°c) and bake the bread bun for about 20 minutes.
Read also: spaghetti squash soup