Unique, regressive—this is a new breed of refrigerator cakes, and such an easy dessert to whip up. Milk chocolate Fingers biscuits are layered with a mix of cream, cottage cheese and mascarpone, flavored with lime and vanilla, stacked into a slab, sprinkled with chocolate chips and frozen for a fancy, no-bake dessert. The hardest part? Waiting while it sets up in the freezer! You’ll love it, yum!
Preparation: 20 minutes
Resting time: 4 hours
Ingredients list for the refrigerator cake
For a 9-inch loaf pan:
- 4/5 cup (200g) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup (100g) cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup (100g) mascarpone
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lime, finely grated
- 2 boxes of Fingers biscuits (Cadbury)
- Mixed chocolate chips, for garnish
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
1. Place a mixing bowl (stainless steel preferably) and the whisks of your mixer in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
2. In the mixing bowl, combine heavy cream, cottage cheese and mascarpone. Beat until stiff, then add vanilla sugar, lime zest and vanilla extract. Continue mixing until you obtain a thicker consistency.
3. Line the loaf pan with cling wrap and arrange chocolate chips in the bottom. Cover with a layer of vanilla and lime cream. Arrange a first layer of Finger biscuits lengthwise on top of the cream; space them evenly to cover all the width and length of the pan.
4. Spread another layer of cream and top with a second layer of biscuits. Repeat this process one last time and finish with a layer of biscuits. Place in the freezer for 4h minimum to set.
5. Un-mold form the loaf pan and allow the cake to sit at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Decorate with more chocolate chips if needed.
Note: You can decorate the top of the cake with whatever garnish you like: sprinkles, crushed nuts, almond brittle…