If you recently invested in an ice cream maker, this recipe won’t make you regret it! So today, I propose a melon sorbet flavored with Muscat de Rivesaltes wine. Alcohol gives this sorbet a less homogeneous texture, which can come close to the texture of a granita.
Learn to make a melon Sorbet
Ingredients list to make a melon sorbet with Muscat de Rivesaltes
- 3/4 lb (350 g) of melon pulp
- 3 tbsp (60 g) of cane syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 g) of Muscat wine
Note: After tasting, I think we could add mint to enhance the feeling of “freshness”.
1. Cut the melon in half; remove the seeds with a spoon.
2. Cut the melon into quarters and remove the skin with a knife.
3. Cut the melon into pieces, weigh the pulp and keep only 350g.
4. Add Muscat and cane syrup.
5. Mix everything with an immersion blender.
6. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
7. Put to churn.
Note: the fact that there is alcohol increases the setting time in the sorbet maker.
Muscat provides a sweet taste with the sorbet. It adds that unique touch that creates surprise.
Read also: how to make marinated eggplants