This healthy chicken salad wrap is bursting with flavor and on the table in 20 minutes! It will become a quick family favorite, perfect for busy weeknights!
Ingredient list for the chicken salad wraps
- 8 fajitas size tortillas, corn or flour
- 1 lb (450g) skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- Olive oil
- Cracked black pepper
- Tandoori or cajun spice blend
1. Marinate chicken for 5-10 minutes in a large bowl with olive oil, black pepper, cajun or tandoori spice blend.
2. Meanwhile, fry a bit of chopped onion in a sauce pan and add the can of diced tomato. Simmer for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet and add chicken. Stir fry until slightly golden and set aside.
4. Garnish tortillas with mascarpone, tomato sauce, chicken, onion, bell pepper and fresh cilantro. Drizzle lemon juice and add hot sauce if you like. Wrap and enjoy immediately!