This chicken is a real delight for a casual dinner. Given the ingredients, I cannot really tell you what is the origin of this dish. In flavor, it tastes like a chicken tagine with honey, but cooked on a baking sheet; while ginger brings this crowd pleasing dish to another dimension. The chicken thighs are prepared very quickly, which is the ideal solution.
Preparation: 20 min
Cooking time: 40 min
Ingredient list for Roasted Chicken Thighs and Sweet Potatoes
- 6 chicken thighs
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1-inch knob (3cm) of fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup (90g) honey
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 small green chili pepper (optional)
- Salt + pepper
Directions: Roasted Chicken Thighs and Sweet Potatoes
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F(180°C).
2. Mix the grated ginger, crushed garlic, honey, sugar and juice of half a lemon in a bowl. Add salt and pepper.
3. Dip the chicken thighs into the mixture and coat them on all sides.
4. Rinse and dry sweet potatoes, without peeling. Cut into 2 or 4 lengthwise.
5. Cut the other half of the lemon in slices.
6. On a baking tray lined with baking paper, place the chicken thighs, sweet potatoes and lemon slices. Sprinkle with the remaining marinade.
7. Bake for 40 min. If you like, add a chopped green chili 10 minutes before the end of cooking time. Serve with a nice green salad.