As you know, chicken is popular. In addition, if we add the ginger is a complete escape. Given the ingredients, I can not tell you what is the origin of this dish.
In flavor, it’s like a tajine with honey, but cooked on a baking sheet. The chicken thighs are prepared very quickly, which is the ideal solution.
By cons, for cutting the sweet potatoes, I’d say take a good butcher knife. This thing is awful. One would almost cut your fingers. So watch your hands!
Preparation: 20 min
Cooking time: 40 min
Ingredient list for Roasted Chicken Thighs and Sweet Potatoes
- 6 chicken thighs
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 3 cm fresh ginger
- 90 g honey
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 small hot pepper (optional)
- salt + pepper
Directions: Roasted Chicken Thighs and Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Mix in a bowl the grated ginger, crushed garlic, honey, sugar and juice of half a lemon. Salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken thighs into the mixture and soak them on all sides.
- Rinse and dry sweet potatoes without the peel. Cut into 2 or 4 in length.
- Cut the other half of the lemon in slices.
- On a baking tray covered with baking paper, place the chicken thighs, sweet potatoes and lemon slices. Sprinkle with the remaining marinade with ginger.
- Place in oven for 40 min.
- If desired, add a chopped green chili 10 minutes before the end of cooking.
Serve with a nice green salad.
Did you try this recipes? Please share your comment below!