Camping is all about taking it easy and enjoying the outdoors, friends and family. Adapted from campfire cooking, foil packet cooking is a super easy and flavorful cooking method which is so great to use at home. This quick recipe turns out deliciously aromatic, succulent chicken, along with tender asparagus. The good news is that there’s little prep, and virtually no clean-up!
Ingredients list for the chicken and asparagus foil packets
- 2 chicken breasts
- 14 beautiful green asparagus
- 1 stick of lemongrass
- 4 tablespoons liquid cream
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 small shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 handful freshly chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 390°F (200°C).
2. Peel and finely chop shallot. Peel and cut the garlic clove in half, crush the two pieces with the flat of the blade.
3. Trim the hard tip of the lemongrass, then chop finely.
4. Cut the hard stem of asparagus and peel them if necessary.
5. Cook the asparagus for 5 minutes in boiling salted water. Then rinse under cold water and set aside.
6. Brown chicken breasts in a hot pan with a bit of olive oil.
7. In a bowl, combine mustard and cream with a little salt and pepper.
8. Cut two squares of parchment paper. In the middle of each, arrange chicken breast, half the asparagus, a little lemongrass, garlic and shallot. Top with the cream and mustard sauce.
9. Sprinkle with parsley, close the foil packets and bake for 15 minutes. Open up your packets and serve.
More delighting chicken recipes ideas
- Grilled Chicken Skewers with Strawberries
- Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders
- Baked Tandoori Chicken
- Garlic Skillet Chicken
- Quick Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
- Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
- One-Pan Cajun Chicken
- Coconut Curry Chicken
- Roasted Harissa Chicken Breasts
- Baked Garlic Chicken Wings
- Baked Garlic Chicken Roulades
- Chicken Breasts & Asparagus Foil Packets
- Braised Chicken with Caramelized Onions