Let’s have some fun with seasonal fruits! What about tangerines? If you’re in the need of something sweet and original for your breakfast or teatime, you should definitely try this moist gingerbread cake recipe. Try with whole candied tangerines for a better texture. You can try to follow the process of this recipe to make your own candied citrus, but the cooking time will be longer since we want something completely candied. You can also find candied tangerine at the grocery store or a delicatessen in your area. The spice mix makes this easy gingerbread a delight for both kids and adults.
Ingredients list: gingerbread cake recipe with candied tangerines
For a standard loaf pan
- 1 cup (25cl) of milk
- 3 1/2 ounces (100g) of butter
- 1 lb (500g) of good quality honey
- 2 1/2 cups (250g) of wheat flour
- 2 3/4 cups (250g) rye flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp (30g) of sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 candied tangerines (you can buy them at you grocery store)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon anise powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of cardamom
- A pinch of salt
- Slivered almonds
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Preheat oven to 300°f (150°c).
2. Heat the milk and add the honey off of the fire to make it melt. Turn heat to low and add the butter.
3. In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, spices and candied tangerines cubes.
4. Add the liquid mixture. Mix well.
5. Pour into a loaf pan and sprinkle with almonds.
6. Cut superficially the dough lengthwise with a knife.
7. Bake for about 1h15. You can check for doneness with the tip of a knife, it should come out dry.
Enjoy your tangerine gingerbread cake!