With vibrant ruby colour, this versatile dip is a richly flavored spin on traditional hummus. Sweet and tender beets are blended with chickpeas, tahini and garlic, then crowned with more beets, chopped and drizzled with olive oil. Partner with a crunchy vegetables platter and crackers, or spread on pita and naan bread.
Ingredients list for the beet hummus
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 raw beets, peeled and diced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil + more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Chopped fresh cilantro, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons Tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika + more for garnish
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender and process until very smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl, top with additional beet cubes, cilantro and olive oil. Enjoy the hummus with croutons, pita chips, or raw veggies or use as a sandwich/wrap spread. Add a little water and you get a wonderful salad dressing!