Sweet potato toasts make for an easy, fun snack or even breakfast, especially if you’re trying to avoid gluten or grains. With such delicious veggie toppings, you won’t miss toasted bread!
Ingredients list for the sweet potato toasts
- 1 large sweet potato (you can peel or keep the skin on, wash thoroughly)
- Cream cheese
- Sliced tomatoes, mushrooms, cucumber
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Olive oil
- Chopped basil, chives, scallion etc… for topping
1. Wash the sweet potato and pat dry. Using a mandolin slicer, slice sweet potato into 1/4-inch long vertical slices.
2. Turn your toaster all the way up to high and toast sweet potato slices at least twice. If your slices aren’t fully cooked or slightly browned after two times, you can proceed a third time. You can trim the ends of the slices to make them fit into your toaster.
3. Spread cream cheese on each slice, then top with sliced veggies. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and chopped greens, add a drizzle olive oil. Enjoy!