You can make this recipe with a goose. But this recipe for turkey with prunes is a better than I expected.
Preparation time: 75 minutes.
Cooking time: 1 h 50 minutes.
Ingredients: Roasted Stuffed Turkey
for 10 people
- 1 3 pounds turkey,
- 1.5 kg of prunes,
- 250 grams of smoked bacon,
- 500 grams of sausage meat,
- 5 cl Armagnac
- 100 grams of softened butter,
- 1 slice of bacon bard,
- 10 thin slices of smoked bacon,
- Fine cooking salt,
- Black pepper grain to the mill.
Preparing the Roasted Stuffed Turkey
– Soak the plums 2 hours in barely warm water.
– Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
– Singe and clean the turkey.
– Chop the liver and gizzard, smoked bacon and 1 kg of pitted prunes.
– Mix these with sausage meat, season and moisten with Armagnac.
– Fill the inside of the turkey with this uniform mixture, sew the opening and the flange.
– Brush turkey with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
– Pose over the bard.
– Butter a large baking dish, place the turkey.
– Add a glass of hot water and cook for 2 hours in a moderate oven, basting frequently with pan juices.
– Drain the remaining prunes.
– In ten mop, wrap a thin slice of bacon.
– Thread onto metal skewers and brown in the oven.
– Bake 20 minutes remaining prunes
– Mix in water to barely simmering. Drain and arrange in the pan around the turkey, ten minutes before the end of cooking. E
– Meanwhile, remove the slices of bacon. Arrange the turkey on a platter garnished sting in the skewers, wrap with plums.