Whether you are celebrating a holiday, having a get-together, or watching sports – dips are the perfect party foods to delight your family and guests. This spicy red kidney bean dip is a snap to put together and packs some serious flavors. Enjoy with tortilla chips or good homemade crackers. Give it a try, it’s priceless if you enjoy good food and entertaining!
Ingredient lists for the spicy black bean dip
- 1 can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 small onion
- Ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Espelette chili pepper flakes
- Tabasco (optional).
1. Finely dice the onion and fry gently in olive oil.
2. Stir in the salt, tomato paste, tomato sauce, cumin, chili pepper and beans, and stir until everything has heated.
3. Mash the preparation with a potato masher. Use a food processor if you want your dip smoother. Adjust seasoning with black pepper and tabasco sauce.
4. Keep refrigerated until serving. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers or vegetable sticks.