Dips are the perfect party foods for anyone who enjoys good food and entertaining! This special twist on traditional hummus is healthy, protein rich, and takes less than five to make! The avocado hummus and crunchy oatmeal crackers work wonders for a light lunch, appetizer, or snack. Avocado provides a pretty color to hummus, but also a light, fresh and sweet taste. It is better to finish it the same day as avocado tend to darken very quickly.
Ingredient list for the avocado hummus
- 1 (large ) avocado
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 pound (200g) canned chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1 clove of garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Super-Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownie
1. Put all ingredients in a food processor with 2 tablespoons olive oil and mix until smooth.
2. Adjust seasonig by adding lime or tahini to taste. Salt and pepper lightly. Then add olive oil until you get the desired consistency. Personally, I like when it’s thick.
Ingredient list or the crackers
- 1 1/4 cup (125g) spelt flour
- 3/4 cup (55g) oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons water
1. Combine flour, oatmeal and salt in a large bowl. Dig a well, add oil and water, mix and form a ball. Add water if necessary. Let the dough rest for a half hour. Meanwhile preheat your oven to 390°F (200°F).
2. Spread the dough very thinly on parchment paper and transfer on a baking sheet.
3. Pre-cut squares or diamonds by drawing lines on the dough with the back of a knife blade. Don’t press too much, you just want the dough breaks by itself after baking.
4. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 390°F (200°C). Crackers are done when golden brown.
Notes: Feel free to experiment with other flour (buckwheat, wholewheat, Sarazzin…) and seeds (poppy , sesame, squash, pumpkin…)
Get more tasty dip ideas
(Picture by Nina Palmer)