Here’s a good prawns recipe; sautéed in whiskey, ginger, coriander and oyster sauce. Shrimps or prawns are suitable for almost all kinds of marriages: it is quick and easy to do and can be serve as an entry, a main dish or a tapas. Today we care about whiskey prawns with an Asian influence which I’m quite fond of.
Sauteed Prawns in Whiskey
Ingredients list: Prawns sautéed in whiskey
- 1 lb (400g) of prawns
- Some ground nut oil
- A bit of sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Fresh ginger: the equivalent of one clove of garlic
- 5-6 sprigs fresh coriander
- 1/2 glass of whiskey
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 lime
Note: You can replace whiskey with Cognac, Noilly Prat or white wine.
Cooking instructions: Prawns sautéed in whiskey
1. Chop the garlic clove.
2. Cut the ginger into small dices.
3. Remove the leaves from the cilantro and chop finely.
4. In a sauté pan or skillet, heat the two oils.
Add the prawns and sauté over high heat about two minutes on each side.
5. Add the whiskey, the chopped garlic, diced ginger, coriander, and oyster sauce.
Stir and cook two to three minutes over low heat.
Serve immediately with lime cut into wedges.
How did it go for you with this sauteed prawn recipe?