Now that the fall season is upon us and the temperatures are finally starting to cool, a rustic tarts is the perfect, easy dish to delight our friends and family in this crisp weather.
What I love about this rustic tart is that it’s beautiful in its simplicity. You’ll be surprised how easy this recipe is to make. The combination of juicy, sweet cherry tomatoes, the soft but flaky crust paired with a flavorful pesto filling gives a delicious, creamy end result, packed with flavour.
This rustic tart is just perfect for lunch or a light dinner. You can serve it with a salad and it keeps really well in the fridge for 2-3 days. Just re-heat in the oven for 10 minutes before serving.
Try this flavor combo: the result will not be only beautiful, but it will also taste absolutely delicious.
Ingredient list for Rustic PestoTomato Tart
- 1 puff pastry sheet ( here’s the puff pastry recipe if you want to make your own)
- 2 tablespoons pesto (homemade pesto recipe here)
- 10 large cherry tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup (60g) grated parmesan
- Olive oil
Pre-heat your oven to 390°F (200°C)
1. Roll out your puff pastry on parchment paper and spread pesto over.
2. Place halved cherry tomatoes and red bell pepper strips over pesto. You can also use zucchini, or crumbled tuna.
3. Add a dash of oil oil, sprinkle with grated parmesan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 390°F (200°C), or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
It’s simple and yet delicious. Serve this tomato tart along with a green lettuce and you’re close to heaven.