Roast chicken breasts with garlic and candied lemon — If you’re looking for a quick yet delicious recipe for a romantic dinner for two, this easy dish is ready in 15 minutes. The mix of roasted garlic, shallots and olive oil captures the essence of Mediterranean cuisine and brings Summer directly onto your plate. The little vinaigrette with candied lemon makes all the difference!
Ingredients list for Roast Chicken with Green Beans
For two lovers:
- 2 beautiful organic chicken breasts from a local farm
- 2 small handfuls of green beans
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 fresh shallots or two fresh red onions
- 1 preserved lemon cut into 4 (recipe here)
- Olive oil
- White balsamic vinegar (or white wine)
- Coarse salt
- Sea salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
2. Cut garlic head in half horizontally and put it in a baking sidh. Add shallots halved lenghtwise. Add a small drizzle of olive oil and bake for 5-6 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, boil a pot of water with coarse salt.
4. Sear chicken breasts in a hot pan with a dash of olive oil, one minute on each side. Once the chicken breasts are golden (they doesn’t cook completely), remove them and add to the baking dish in the oven, with two wedges of candied lemon. Leave for 6-7 minutes in the oven.
5. Once the water boils, cook the green beans for 5 to 6 minutes to keep them crisp.
6. Meanwhile, prepare a sauce dressing by adding 1 tablespoon of olive oil, a dash of vinegar, and candied lemon skin, cut into very small dices.
7. Drain the green beans, dispose a handful on each plate.
8. Remove the baking dish from the oven: chicken should be soft, and garlic, shallot and lemon should be golden brown.
9. Slice the chicken breasts, place them on the green beans with garlic, shallots and lemon wedges. Drizzle with the vinaigrette.