How to bring freshness to your dishes? These pickled lemons are explosive! Perfect to accompany grilled fish, chicken or meat. To make your life easier, buy lemons that are already preserved in crystallized salt. You can easily find some in grocery stores. Try making these pickled lemons at least 48 hours in advance to allow some time for the flavors to develop. This recipe is made with much less chili pepper than the original recipe I got from a friend; you can add more if you like, but you’ll still experience the same taste.
Ready to try your hands at this awesome condiment? Here are the instructions for the spicy pickled lemon recipe, step by step:
- 1 salty preserved lemon
- 2 small hot bird peppers
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 coffee-spoon turmeric
- 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/3 inch (1cm) fresh ginger knob
- 2 tbsp of peanut oil
Super-Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownie
1. Rinse the lemon and slice it thinly. Grate the ginger, finely chop the peppers and remove the seeds, and then chop the onion.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion, then add the ginger and chilli and spices. Cook for 2 minutes and then turn off the heat. Add lemons and mix.
3. Pour into a glass jar and fill with oil if necessary.
4. Once cooled, tighten the lid. These pickles will taste better after 48 hours, so try to wait!