Under pressure to get great snack, or light lunch on the table in a flash? This no-fuss and raw-diet-friendly recipe looks like a traditional wheat tabbouleh, but it’s actually ground cauliflower! The raw cauliflower adds texture to the herby salad and put a healthy dose of veggies onto your plate. The tangy and lightly sweet lime dressing is flavorful enough to balance to the earthy raw cauliflower for a salad bursting with fresh flavor and crunch, without spending hours in the kitchen.
Ingredients list for Cauliflower Tabbouleh
- ½ cauliflower head (about 1 pound – 450g)
- 2 carrots
- 10 black olives
- 1 can of whole kernels corn (10oz – 300g)
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch of chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of raisins
- Walnut kernels
Super-Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownie
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Clean and cut the cauliflower into small florets.
2. If using a food processor, use the grater blade attachment. Drop florets into the machine to finely chop into small, grain-like pieces. If you use a box grater, jut quarter the cauliflower head and grate until the stem left.
3. Do the same with carrots and place into a large bowl with cauliflower and halved and pitted black olives. Rinse and drain corn, parsley and chives. Add the raisins and walnuts and mix to combine everything.
4. Prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients together, then pour over the tabbouleh and toss to mix. Serve at room temperature or chilled. This cauliflower tabbouleh salad will keep in a container for a couple of days in the fridge.