Is pumpkin addiction a real thing? We think totally yes. There is no more adaptable vegetable than pumpkins. Included in variety of dishes, from savory delights to gourmet treats, pumpkin promises to transform a humble recipe into a mouthwatering experience. Very easy to make, this pumpkin pound cake smothered with maple syrup is just perfect to curl up with a warm blanket on breakfast or teatime. You can buy readymade pumpkin puree or try this homemade version to vary from the following recipe.
Ingredients list for the Pumpkin Pound Cake with Maple Syrup Glaze
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 pound (600g) peeled pumpkin
- Spices mix for gingerbread
- 1 cup (200g) of brown sugar
- 2/3 stick (75g) unsalted butter, softened
- Maple syrup
- 1 3/4 cup (175g) organic flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
- Paring knife
- Pressure cooker
- Kitchen Scale
- Small 3×7 loaf pans or use 1 large 9×5 loaf pan
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Peel and cut the pumpkin into cubes. Cook into the pressure cooker for 15-20 minutes.
3. Mash the pumpkin cubes with a potato masher and combine with 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
4. In a bowl, combine the softened butter, sugar, 1 tablespoon gingerbread spices. Add eggs, flour and baking powder.
5. Mix well before adding the pumpkin puree.
6. Pour the batter into the loaf pans and bake for 40 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and brush the top with maple syrup.