Spinach Chorizo Pasta Soup — a surprisingly simple soup with spicy chorizo, juicy grape tomatoes, and vibrant spinach. Full of flavor and crunch for a cozy dinner.
- Olive oil
- 1 chorizo (hot or mild), cut into small sticks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- 3 garlic cloves, split
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dry fusilli
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock (or 3 cups water + 1 bouillon cube)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh spinach, loosely packed
- 1 cayenne chili pepper, chopped (optional)
Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. In a large saucepan or pot set over medium heat, heat a drizzle of oil and sauté the onion with paprika, until it is translucent.
3.Add the water and stock. Bring to a boil, then add pasta and reduce the heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the pasta is al-dente.
4. Add chorizo, garlic, tomato, oregano, and salt and pepper, cook for 3-4 minutes, until pasta is tender.
5. Add the spinach and cook the soup for another 2 minutes.
6. Adjust seasoning. Ladle into bowls and serve with toasted bread while still hot.