Who doesn’t love a pancake? It’s like comfort and happiness in the form of a sweet breakfast. Incredibly light and delicious, these lemon and ricotta pancakes are crispy on the outside and delicately creamy on the inside with small bits of melted fresh ricotta and a tart lemony aftertaste. They would make a great addition to a festive Easter brunch or a Saturday morning breakfast.
Ingredients list for the Lemon & Ricotta Pancakes
Serves 4 :
- 1 cup (100g) all-purpose-flour
- 1 coffee spoon baking powder
- 1/2 pound (250g) ricotta
- 1/2 cup (125mL) milk
- 3 egg yolks and whites, separated
- Grated zest of one lemon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Butter, for cooking the pancakes
Super-Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownie
1. In a bowl, whisk together egg yolks, ricotta, sugar and lemon zest. Add flour and stir to combine.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form.
3. Whisk about a quarter of the egg whites into the lemon-ricotta batter; carefully fold in the remaining egg whites. Beat the egg whites until very stiff. Fold the whites into the ricotta preparation slowly, in several steps.
4. Preheat your oven to 200°F(90°C) to keep the pancakes warm.
5. In a large skillet, heat a little butter. Add small ladles of batter and cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Transfer on a baking sheet into the oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter. Add butter to the skillet to keep the bottom coated when it’s necessary.
6. Top with maple syrup, a little lemon zest and some powdered sugar. Enjoy!