The best thing about any quick bread is how quickly they come together and the almost instant gratification! This lemon quick bread follows the same principles: once the batter is mixed you only have to pop it in you oven and in less than an hour, you are able to enjoy something sweet, tart and fragrant. Meyers lemos have a tart taste that is very fruity as well, if you can find them you should really give a try! Enjoy a few slices for an afternoon with a bowl of strawberries, and a cup of tea. If you’re looking to a very pleasant way to wrap up your day, this quick bread recipe is definitely what you need
Ingredients list for the lemon quick bread
- 4 eggs
- 4 1/2 oz (125g) melted butter
- 2/3 cup (125g) sugar
- 1 2/3 cups(160g) all-purpose flour
- 2 lemons — Meyer lemons if possible
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C). Sift together flour and baking powder; set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine butter, sugar, grated zest of the two lemons and the juice of half a lemon.
3. Separate the yolks from the egg whites.
4. Add the egg yolks to the mixture and stir. Finally, add the flour and baking powder and mix again.
5. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into to the previous mixture. You should have a thick, pourable batter flecked with lemon zest.
6. Pour into a loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes at 360°F (180°C).
7. Remove the loaf pan from oven. Turn the loaf out of its pan onto a cooling rack. Let cool and enjoy!