A simple to make rustic pie that will delight fans of offal products.
If the kidneys have a too strong smell, soak them in a bath of cold water and vinegar before cooking.
What You Need
Level of difficulty: medium
Preparation: 45 min
Baking: 45 min
Ingredients Kidney Pie Recipe
for 8 people
100 g of beef shank
3 lamb kidneys
125 g mushrooms
50 g butter
500 g puff pastry
100 g flour
1 dl of beef broth
2 tbsp parsley
Preparation Kidney pate recipe
- Peel and chop onions.
- Wash the mushrooms, cut into strips.
- Cut the beef and kidneys into small cubes and roll in flour.
- Melt the butter in a skillet, brown the diced beef and kidney over high heat.
- Skim and reserve.
- Saute onions and mushrooms to the pan for 3 minutes over high heat.
- Add to the meat.
- Pour 1 dl of water in the pan.
- Join the parsley. Add salt and pepper.
- Reduce over high heat until there are only 2 tablespoons of liquid.
- Stop firing.
- Add the meat and mushrooms to the pan and mix.
- Make a rolled pastry the size of the mold.
- Garnish with the preparation.
- Cover with second unbaked pastry.
- Pinch the edges well welded. Make a little hole on the top and put a little aluminium made chimney in to let steam out when cooking.
- Brush with beaten egg on top of the pie.
- Bake in a hot oven at 230 ° C for 45 minutes.
wine suggestion for Kidney Pie
A Pacherenc of dry Vic-Bihl (White, SW)
A Riesling (White, Alsace)
A Saint-Veran (White, Burgundy)