Pineapple Iced Mousse Recipe
If you’re fan of pineapple you’d better to print this recipe because this dessert will delight your tastebuds. It’s not an pineapple ice cream nor a sorbet because it contain eggs it’s more like a frozen chocolate mousse. An easy recipe to finish a good meal on a sunny touch!
Ingredients list: pineapple iced mousse recipe
- 1 large pineapple
- 4 eggs
- 7 ounces (200g) icing sugar
- 1 lemon
- Grated coconut for the decoration
1. Mix the flesh of the pineapple to make a puree and add the lemon juice.
2. Mix egg yolks with 5 ounces (150g) of icing sugar and then add to the pineapple.
3. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and let thicken over low heat without boiling. Then let cool.
4. Beat the egg whites with 2 ounces (50g) of remaining sugar, then gently fold the egg whites into the pineapple cream.
5. Pour the mousse into a container of your choice, like small silicone molds.
6. Freeze for several hours.
7. Serve the mousse on a bed of shredded coconut.
You can accompany this pineapple mousse with a small cake, fresh fruit ( pineapple, mango, banana), with a little whipped cream, a custard or chocolate sauce.