Green Peas Quiches recipe: Olive green, jade green, almond green, aqua green, bottle green, emerald green, kelly green… Spring green. All shades exist in nature at this time of year and it is very nice. Especially as the sun is shining above us!
And what else says spring quite like vegetables and fresh herbs? They both have an important place in the kitchen. In addition to their dietary benefits, they offer a wide range of flavors and fragrances! I love to cook a thousand ways to avoid monotony and surprise my entourage. This quiche recipe will set the main focus on green pea, which has mostly a supporting role alongside meat or fish as a side dish. It’s worth a try, right?
Ingredient list for mini green peas quiches
Fot 6 individual quiches:
- 1 sheet of puff pastry ready to roll
- 1/2 lb (200g) cooked peas (fresh or frozen)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of cottage cheese (100g)
- 4/5 cup (20cl) of liquid cream
- 2 tbsp Parmesan
- Fresh mint, lemon, thyme
- Salt and pepper
1. Roll out the puff pastry on your countertop. Cut 6 circles and line the individual tart molds. Prick the bottom with a fork then refrigerate.
2. In a bowl, beat together eggs, cream and cottage cheese.
3. Add salt and pepper. Chop the mint leaves and thyme, and add the herbs to the mixture.
4. Divide the mixture into the molds. Add 1 tbsp of peas in each. Bake in a preheated oven at 360°F (180°C) for 15 minutes. Then sprinkle the quiches with Parmesan.
5. Bake for 15 minutes more.
6. You can enjoy the mini quiches hot or warm with a green salad.
Tips: Choose herbs depending on what you find. Chives and dill also marry well with green peas.