Summertime warm weather brings out the need for quick and easy meals. It’s a great time for salads, while everything is at the peak of freshness! For a party, a family BBQ, or just a quiet and relaxing meal at home, this cantaloupe, mozzarella, and cherry tomato salad is the perfect no-cook recipe for a hot summer day. Enjoy with a good slice of crusty bread.
Ingredients list for the mozzarella, melon and tomato salad
- 1 melon (Cantaloupe)
- 1 pound (500g) small cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 pound bocconcini (bite-size fresh mozzarella balls, or mozzarella cut into small cubes)
- Olive oil
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper
1. Scoop melon flesh into a large bowl with a melon baller.
2. Rinse and dry cherry tomatoes.
3. In a bowl, put the melon balls, whole cherry tomatoes, and drained mini-mozzarella balls.
4. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Chop basil leaves and stir into the salad and serve. You can refrigerate the salad for 30 minutes before serving.