What to do when you have half a bottle of Muscat wine in your fridge and you don’t know what to do with it? Let’s put our imagination at work! This dessert recipes is quick and extremely simple: Peaches will be poached in muscat and scented with a muscat/verbena syrup.
You can use various type of Muscat: Lunel, Rivesaltes, Frontignan, Rastrick, Banyuls and Maury… It can be done the day before. The skin of the peach are left to macerate in muscat, which gives it a nice pink color. Serve this dessert with the same wine used in the preparation.
Ingredients list for Peaches and Muscat Wine Dessert
- 4 white peaches, not too ripe
- 2 cups (50cl) of muscat wine
- A few leaves of lemon verbena
- Red berries for garnishing (red currants, raspberries …)
Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
1. Boil 1 liter of water in a large saucepan.
2. Dip peaches for 2 minutes in boiling water and cool them down in a bowl of ice-cold water. The skin should come off very easily. Put the peaches in a deep dish.
3. Boil the muscat wine with verbena and peaches skin, let reduce over low heat for 5 minutes.
4. Pour the boiling syrup over peaches and chill, turning occasionally. When everything is cold, keep into the refrigerator for few hours (or at best overnight).
5. Serve in individual bowls or verrine glasses with drained syrup. Garnish with a few red berries.
Wine accompaniment: Serve this dessert with the same Muscat wine used for the preparation.