Cork: Fashionable, ecological and resistant — People who are looking for affordable “green” accessories for their home will love this material. No longer limited to simple wine stoppers, cork now inspires both creators and designers. Physical and emotional characteristics of cork such as its soft, organic touch, almost like leather, brings a whole new earthiness to world of interior decoration. The neutral color of cork means it can work with almost anything in your home interior, and it’s strong texture adds an unexpected twist. People will definitely be asking “where did you get that?”. Whether as dining accessories or as kitchen tools, cork is ready to play the transformation and reveals its many facets.
Top image: 1. Giant Champagne Cork Stool/Table – $260.00 by The Wine Enthusiast / 2. Cork Tray, by Ferm Living – $40.00 Amazon / 3. Sueded Cork Wallpaper, made in the U.S.A. by York Wallcoverings – $90.00 Yliving / 4. Starbucks Cork Bottom Mug, by Starbucks – $26.48 Amazon.
1. OXO Good Grips Anniversary Edition Uplift Tea Kettle, by OXO – $80.00 Amazon / 2. Chemistry Flask, by Ferm Living – $31 Scandinavian Design Center / 3. Tree Bomb Cork Dinner Mats, by Ferm Living – $30.00 Amazon / 4. Large Cork Bowl, by Bambu – $68.00 Branch.
1. Cork Chiller, by Oenophilia – $25.00 Amazon / 2. Mustache Cork Coasters, Set of 6 by Kikkerland - $7.11 Amazon / 3. Black+Blum Thermo Pot, by Black+Blum – $33.00 Amazon / 4. Corkboard Adhesive Map, by Luckies of London - $27.75 Amazon / 5. Cork Bottle Tote, Solo, by Oenophilia - $16.00 Amazon.
1. 58 Degrees North Salt & Pepper Set, by Norman Copenhagen $44.00 / 2. Cork Trivet, made in Denmark – $27.00 Branch / 3. Cork Bottom Mug, by Starbuck – $29.45 Amazon / 4. Cantine Vase Nº 15, design by Véronique Maire - $60.00 Yliving.
1. Cork Kitchen Tool Bucket – $36.00 Corkology / 2. Round Cork Trivets, by Linden Sweden - $11.95 Amazon / 3. Cork Trivet – $8.95 by Crate & Barrel / 4. Large Clear/Cork Vitriini Box, by Iittala - $69.00 Amazon
1. Bamboo In Drawer Knife Block, by KnifeDock - $39.99 Amazon / 2. “Adjust-a-Bowl” Soft Cork Bowls: Round, handmade by Bambu – $34.00 Branch / 3. Salix jar, designed by Stig Lindberg - $52 Scandinavian Design Center.