Want something new and crunchy for your breakfast? These chocolate and almond puff sticks are what you’re looking for. Both crunchy and gooey, thanks to the dark chocolate chips, these sweet puff pastry sticks will fit perfectly between your cup of coffee and your favorite fresh fruit juice. You can make them with any ingredient you have, like raisins, oatmeal and sesame seeds, and dip them into Greek yogurt, milk, tea.. It’s up to you! Are you ready to try your hand at making these puff sticks? It’s ridiculous how quick and easy it is!
Ingredients list for the chocolate chips puff pastry sticks
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough — here’s the complete recipe here, if you want to make your own
- 1/4 lb (120g) of dark chocolate chips
- 1 oz (30g) toasted slivered almonds
- 1 egg yolk
1. Preheat oven to 360°F (180°C).
2. Cut puff pastry strips about 2 inches wide.
3. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and slivered almond. Roll the strips then brush them with egg yolk.
4. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with almonds and chocolate chips.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes.