A very simple recipe for a tomato bruschetta with goat’s cheese and ham that is perfect for preparing a quick dinner. With the beautiful days that come, we don’t necessarily want to spend too much time in the kitchen. And these garnished bread slices are sufficient in themselves for a fresh and light meal.
Ingredients list for Tomato, Goat’s Cheese & Ham Bruschetta s
For 4 sandwiches:
- 4 generous slices of crusty, country style bread
- 2 large tomatoes at room temperature
- 80g soft fresh goat cheese
- 4 Thin slices of cured ham
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Start by cutting the tomatoes into small cubes. Set aside in a colander so they lose most of their juices.
2. In a bowl, mash the goat’s cheese. Add salt and pepper.
3. In another bowl, season the drained tomatoes with salt, pepper and a generous drizzle of olive oil.
4. Lightly toast the bread slices in the toaster or oven. The bread should be crispy on the outside, but the crumb should be still chewy. Rub each slice with a garlic clove.
5. Spread the goat’s cheese on each slice. Arrange tomatoes cut into cubes.
6. Sprinkle with sea salt and a few turns of the pepper mill.
7. Finally, place a slice of ham on top and then drizzle with olive oil.
8. Serve immediately, alone or accompanied by a crisp green salad.