Here is a recipe for sweet, fragrant and delicate braided bread. It’s fantastic with butter and honey, which will awaken your greediest instincts for sure. The scent of orange flower water may recall childhood memories for lots of us…
Ingredients list for the braided breads
For 8 braid breads:
- 5 cups (500g) flour
- 4/5 cup (200ml) milk
- 2 teaspoons active dry or instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 5 1/3 ounces (150g) butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange blossom aroma
- 1 pinch of salt
1. Heat the milk while letting butter soften at room temperature.
2. Pour butter, milk and remaining ingredients except sugar in a bowl. Mix, then knead, for 3 minutes.
3. Let the dough rest for 1 hour in a warm place, free from air drafts.
4. Divide the dough into 24 pieces. Form an 8 inch long roll with each piece of dough (approx 20cm).
5. Use 3 dough rolls together to form a braid. Sprinkle with icing sugar. Let stand for about twenty minutes.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 340°F (170°C) for 15 minutes.
Your sweet braided breads are ready!