If you’re looking for an original way to prepare pork tenderloin, this recipe is easy yet with stunning result! Puff pastry, cheese, onions, ham, a touch of mustard, and you’re in heaven from the first bite! The tenderloin doesn’t dry up because it is enclosed in the puff pastry.
Ingredients list for the pork tenderloin in puff pastry
Serves 4-6 :
- 1 pork tenderloin 1lb (500g)
- 1 puff pastry sheet (240g), the puff pastry recipe is here.
- 1 large onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 or 3 slices of ham
- 3 1/2 ounces (100g) grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- Mustard of your choice
For the spinach:
- 1 lbs (500g) fresh spinach
- Meat juice
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Butter or cream
1. Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil, and brown meat for 5 minutes on each side. Set the meat and onions aside and keep the juice for later.
2. When the meat has cooled a bit, spread the puff pastry, brush with egg white, place the ham slices, put the parmesan. Then arrange the tenderloin in the middle of the pastry sheet, spread mustard and onions on it as described in the picture below.
3. Close the dough, seal the edges by pressing firmly and brush with the egg yolk.
4. Bake for 45 minutes at 390°f (200°c).
5. Remove the tenderloin from oven and let rest a few minutes before cutting and serving.
For the spinach:
Wash and drain spinach, then throw it into the meat juice in a large casserole. As they lose volume when cooked, throw in the spinach at your will. No need to cook all spinach at once in the pan… Add oil as desired, salt, pepper and finish with a knob of butter or a little cream.
If you prefer your pork a bit pink, you will reduce cooking time to 35 minutes. After 45 minutes, the pork is completely cooked through.