This season has a good taste of autumn with this stuffed pork tenderloin with bacon, mushrooms and small roast potatoes! You can also accompany with other seasonal vegetables: celery, roasted squash etc…
Ingredients list for tenderloin stuffed with mushrooms
For 4 persons:
- 1 1/3 lbs (600g) pork tenderloin
- 1 lb (400g) mushrooms
- 1 lb (400g) potatoes with firm flesh
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 1/2 ounces (100g) bacon
- Olive oil
- 2/3 cup (15cl) veal stock
1. Preheat you oven to 390°f (200°c).
2. Start by opening the pork tenderloin lengthwise so you can stuff it. Clean the mushrooms. Peel the onion and garlic. Slice the onion and mushrooms, chop the garlic cloves.
3. In a skillet, sauté the onions and bacon with a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the mushrooms, add salt and pepper and cook for ten minutes. Add chopped parsley.
4. Once mushrooms are cooked, book 3/4 of mushrooms and chop the remaining 1/4, add an egg and two tablespoons of breadcrumbs. Reserve the rest. Salt the tenderloin and stuff it with the mixture of chopped mushrooms and tie it all with string, just like a roast.
4. Peel the potatoes and cut them into pieces. Arrange them in a baking dish with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, and cook them for 20 minutes. Then add the pork tenderloin and cook for 20 minutes more at 390°f (200°c) and then add the veal stock. Continue cooking for 10 minutes at 360°f (180°c). Add the mushrooms in the dish and finish cooking for 5 minutes.
5. Remove the dish from the oven, your stuffed pork tenderloin is ready!
Don’t miss these salmon recipes