This sweet pear and cheddar gratin exudes happiness! For those who always struggle deciding between cheese or dessert, we’ve gathered the best of both worlds. Finish a meal in an original way or offer this dish as an amuse-bouche for example. We used old cheddar, but any other hard cheese with a strong flavor will be fine. Cheeses like Mimolette or Parmesan will work perfectly!
Ingredients for 4 small individual portions:
- 1 pear
- 3 1/2 ounces (100 g) cheddar, or any other hard cheese
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and ground pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 390°f (200°c).
2. Wash pears, cut into 2 lengthwise, seed oter and slice thinly.
3. Cut into cheddar into thin slices… and it is almost finished!
4. Alternate pear and cheese slices into oven-proof ramekins.
5. Sprinkle mustard seed, salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, then serve warm. Enjoy your pear gratin!
(Image Cécile Lalanza)