Baked, scrambled or hard boiled, eggs taste wonderful, and they’re good for you! But for breakfasts and brunches, these blue cheese and walnut baked eggs simply hit the roof. The bitter arugula marries to the perfection with creamy and flavored blue cheese while walnuts add this crunchiness you need to wake up on good tracks. This recipe is also a fantastic way to cook multiple servings of eggs all at once, leaving you free to butter toasts and brew coffee without distraction.
Ingredient List for the Baked Eggs with Walnuts and Blue Cheese
Yield: About 4 servings
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 pound (200g) arugula
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) blue cheese
- 2 shallots
- A knob (10g) of butter
- 1/2 cup (15cl) of liquid cream
- 2 handfuls of walnuts
- Salt and pepper
Creamy Four Cheese Spinach Butternut Squash
1. Sauté the chopped shallots in butter for 2 minutes over high heat , then add arugula and crumbled blue cheese. Lower the heat and add cream, salt , fresh cracked black pepper and cook for about 3 minutes.
2. Pour the arugula and blue cheese mixture into ramekins, then break an egg over.
3. Place the ramekins into a rimmed baking dish then pour boiling water halfway up. Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the whites are completely set and the yolks are beginning to thicken but still not hard. Keep in mind that the eggs will continue to cook even after being removed from the oven.
4. Remove ramekins from the oven, top eggs with crushed walnuts and serve immediately. Have a great brunch!