Who doesn’t love potato? From mashed to creamed, fried to sautéed, baked to broiled, the queen of comfort food is a versatile ingredient in any cook’s kitchen. If you’re looking for a quick to serve, comforting dinner for an evening night, consider this recipe as a future pillar in your recipes arsenal. Maximizing the versatility of this much-loved ingredient, this bacon and cheese stuffed potato is the perfect blend of creamy, salty and fresh flavors mixed together in an easy-to-make, all-in-one package. Feel free to explore different cheese and herbs combinations and share your favorite variation!
Ingredients list for the bacon and cheese stuffed potatoes
- 5 large potatoes
- 1/3 lb (150g) of bacon, cut into thin strips
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 3/4 cup (100g) heavy cream or crème fraîche
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) of Swiss cheese, grated
- 1 small bunch of chives, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Boil the potatoes in their skins for 20-30 minutes. If they’re small, you can steam them. Potatoes should be cooked but stay firm.
2. Drain and let cool the potatoes then place in a baking dish.
3. Peel off the skin on top. Then scoop out potato flesh with a spoon or a melon baller. Put the flesh into a large bowl.
4. With fork, mash the potato flesh and combine with heavy cream, bacon, Swiss cheese, chives and the crushed garlic clove. Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
5. Fill the potatoes with the stuffing.
6. Roast in a preheated oven at 360°F (180°C) for about 15 minutes.
7. Serve hot with a green salad.