Fall flavors mixed up with Bourbon make this apple cider cocktail the perfect drink to make the season transition.
Ingredients list for the apple cider cocktail
- 10 oz (300ml) apple cider
- 4 oz (120ml) Bourbon
- 1 lady apple, cut in thick slices
- 2 teaspoon organic, raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cinnamon ticks, for garnish
- 2 star anise (optional)
- Ice cubes
Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders
1. Place cider, apple slices, honey, star anise and cinnamon in a large saucepan or pot, bring to a boil and simmer for 5-10 minutes to release the flavors.
2. Strain the mixture. You can keep the apple pieces to make apple jam or garnish a cake.
3. Let the apple cider mixture cool, then move to the refrigerator until completely chilled.
4. Place ice cubes in the bottom of the glasses then divide the bourbon into each glass. Fill with the chilled apple cider mixture and serve with a cinnamon stick for garnish.