When it comes to frozen desserts, ice cream is only the tip of the iceberg! A luscious treat to enjoy after an elegant dinner, this almond and pistachio frozen nougat is so easy to make and tastes really good. You don’t even need an ice cream maker as we will be whipping the cream before freezing. Serve with a red fruit coulis to add balance and you have a winner!
Ingredients list for individual frozen nougats
- 1/2 cup (130ml) of heavy cream
- 1 egg white
- 2 big tablespoons (50g) honey
- 1 2/3 tablespoons (20g) sugar
- 1 oz (30g) blanched almonds
- 1/2 oz (15g) pistachio, shelled, blanched and unsalted
- 1 pinch of salt
1. Quickly roast the almonds and pistachios in a dry pan to develop their flavor. When they begin to brown, add sugar and caramelize. Allow to cool and set aside.
2. Heat the honey in a saucepan over low heat.
3. Meanwhile, beat the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt.
4. Stir in boiling honey while whipping the egg whites.
5. Using a rolling pin or a blender, crush almonds and pistachios coarsely then add to the egg whites.
6. Mount the very cold whipped cream and fold into the mixture.
7. Pour the mixture into individual silicone molds and place in freezer for at least 6 hours. Serve with a raspberry or cherry coulis.