Crumbles are perfect fall and winter desserts, and this indulgent recipe should hit the spot for your cold nights and holiday dinner parties. A custard made of milk, cream, eggs and chocolate is sprinkled with a crisp almond crumble over the top and baked until golden. With its melty chocolate heart and roasted almonds fragrance, this is one of those puddings that will make your guests smile for sure.
Ingredients list for the almond and chocolate crumble
- 1 cup (20cl) cream
- 1/2 cup (10cl) milk
- 7 oz (200g) dark cooking chocolate
- 1 egg
- 1 Packet of vanilla sugar
- 1 tbsp rum
For the crumble
- 1/2 cup (50g) flour
- 1 2/3 oz (50g) flaked almonds
- 1 2/3 oz (50g) soft butter
- 1/4 cup (50g) brown sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C). Prepare the crumble by mixing all the ingredients with your fingers.
2. Bring the cream and milk to a boil in a saucepan over low-heat. Off the heat, add the chocolate and mix until smooth.
3. Add the lightly beaten egg and mix thoroughly. Pour into buttered molds. Top the chocolate custard with almond crumble and bake for about 15 minutes (depending on the size of the molds).
4. Grill a few minutes to brown crumble at the end. Watch out not to burn the topping. It’s ready!