This tomato salad is the perfect summer dish when you have an abundance of tomatoes at hand and don’t know what to do with them. It’s really one of the simplest salad you can make and is prepared in less than 10 minutes. Serve in individual mason jars for an unique look and enjoy with toasted bread to give these succulent tomatoes a crunch.
Ingredients list for the summer tomato salad
- 12 tomatoes (try to mix different varieties like Roma, cherry, green, orange)
- 2 spring onions
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- A bunch of fresh thyme
- Black pepper
- Chili powder
1. Cut the cherry tomatoes in quarters. For other tomatoes, cut them in half and then into thin strips.
2. Peel the spring onions and cut them into thin slices.
3. In a bowl, mix the different varieties of tomatoes with sliced chives. Add thyme and basil leaves. Stir in oil, vinegar, brown sugar and mix well.
4. Divide the salad into jars, season with a pinch of salt, chili powder and fresh cracked black pepper.