It’s been a while since I wanted to test this idea of a stewed fruit recipe. These are pears, dates and dried apricots which are quickly poached in a little honey syrup that has been flavored with cinnamon, fresh ginger and orange blossom water. The result is very nice when eaten either warm or cold.
Stewed Fruit Recipe
Ingredients: stewed fruit recipe
- 3 pears not too ripe
- 75cL of water
- 200g of honey
- 1 small slice of fresh ginger
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 1 coffee spoon of orange blossom water
- A dozen dates, a bit dry
- A dozen dried apricots
Cooking directions: stewed fruit recipe
1. Remove the skin from the slice of fresh ginger.
2. In a large pan, collect water, honey, ginger, cinnamon and orange flower water.
3. Add dates and apricots.
4. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat and let it steep, covered with a lid.
5. Cut the peeled pears into quarters, and then remove the woody part and the seeds.
6. Add pears to syrup and bring the mixture to a boil quickly. Don’t forget to cover it in order to prevent the pears from darkening.
7. Then simmer, covered, for about fifteen minutes. Turn pears occasionally.
8. Meanwhile, toast the slivered almonds. You can brown it in a dry pan.
Then, you just have to plate the stewed fruit to serve!
What do you think about this stewed fruit recipe?