If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to over-processed muesli bars marketed to kids, these delicious spicy muesli bars are easy and quick enough for busy parents who want to make healthy snacks at home for their children. Full of fibers thanks to oats and cereals, these bars are sweetened only with honey and dried fruits: Cranberries, pineapple, currants — feel free to mix with your favorite ingredients, the combinations are endless!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients list for Spicy Fruits Bars
- 1 3/4 cups (140g) of oat flakes
- 2/3 cup (50g) of muesli
- 1 tablespoon (8g) of mixed spices: ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground ginger, ground cardamom
- 1/3 cup (50g) currants
- 1/3 cup (50g) dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup (50g) of dried pineapple
- 1 stick (110g) of butter
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan with honey.
3. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients together and pour the butter and honey.
4. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and spread the cereal mixture. Level and compact the surface with a spatula.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until everything is golden.
6. Allow to cool and cut into bars with a sturdy chef knife.