Looking for the perfect comfort food for weeknights or lazy winter weekends? Warm up to a big bowlful of this easy, creamy chicken soup. Throw everything in the slow cooker and you’ll be ready to enjoy the chunky goodness of tender chicken, celery, carrots, and potatoes, sprinkled with plenty of Parmesan cheese. The easiest chicken and potato soup you will ever make!
Ingredients list for the Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Potato Soup
- 2 – 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 – 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups (1l) chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60ml) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Place potatoes, carrots, celery, onion and cooked chicken into your slow cooker. Stir in flour and gently toss to combine. Stir in chicken stock, Italian seasoning, grated garlic, salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours. Add milk, heavy cream and Parmesan, stir well to combine until smooth and cheese is melted. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
3. Serve immediately into bowls and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!