Here’s a “one-bowl meal” idea. It’s super-simple to do and both light and satisfying.
This quinoa and shrimp salad is delicious. Crunchy quinoa goes well with shrimp in this very fresh and fragrant salad.
Ingredients list for Quinoa Salad with Spicy Shrimp
For 4 people:
- 3 1/2 ounces (100g) quinoa
- 20 shrimp
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
1. Cook quinoa as directed on the package then let cool and spray with a drizzle of olive oil.
2. shell the shrimp.
3. Mix olive oil with spices and half the cilantro in a bowl and let marinate shrimp in this sauce for 1 hour.
4. Sauté drained shrimp in a pan over high heat.
5. Pour the marinade and the remaining cilantro on quinoa and mix well.
6. Add shrimp and serve.
Don’t forget to rinse quinoa well before cooking because it can taste bitter, you can a strainer. Run the grains under cool water for a minute or two, using your fingers to stir quinoa so the water circulates.
Thankfully, this fantastic South American grain is now available in almost all supermarkets. This small and delicate grain has a subtle grassy flavor and cooks up fluffy with a pleasant grittiness. Quinoa is also high in both protein and fiber. 3 main varieties are cultivated. You can differentiate them by color: white, red, and black, you can find whole grains of each to cook.
Don’t miss this incredible orange cake recipe